I am on removal proceedings and i have a court date on the second week of may. MY situation back home

San Jose, CA |
Filed under: Political asylum

is really bad and it is not safe for me to go back home since i have already been a target of physical abuse. i was told that i cannot file for asylum until after the hearing. Is it true?

1. No you can and should file for asylum. Also hire a lawyer

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. You should be able to reqeust reliefs in the master heearing and the judge will give you a date to file asylum if you are eligible for it. It is complicated to file a defensive asylum and you should hire a lawyer.