Skip to main content

I am on probation for marawana. I backed into a car on school private propery. Do I have to tell my probation officer about it?

33461 |

to disclose this incident to my probation officer since this was a minor accident on school property not on a highway also no injuries. If i am violated I will miss college classes and remain in jail till court date as no bail allowed if I am on probation. I only have two months to go on probation. I am thinking I will not tell so I may remain in college without missing classes. If it comes out later on at least I will have completed my college Do I have to tell my probation officer about this since I was not arrested

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Best answer

    You would want to check to see what the written terms of your probabation are and what things your probation officer is required to be informed about.

    Lassen Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia. Phone 215-510-6755.

  2. type o...probation

    Lassen Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia. Phone 215-510-6755.

  3. Review the specific terms of your probation.

    Unless you are not allowed to drive while on probation, it's hard to understand why a minor accident would affect your probation status. But, I will not advise anything other than reviewing your probation terms and making your own decision on what to do in this circumstance OR contact a local criminal defense attorney and ask them this question.

    This website contains general information about legal matters. The information provided by Jacob Regar is not legal advice, and should not be treated as such. The legal information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Jacob Regar makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website. You must not rely on the information on this website (including Jacob Regar’s response to your question) as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. No attorney-client relationship is created through the exchange of information on this website. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on this website.

  4. Review the terms of your probation.

    Boonswang Law Firm 1-877-258-3083

  5. Why would you. It is not a crime.

    The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.

  6. You should however let your ins co know so as to ensure that it handlea any property damage claim that may follow; otherwise, as has been said review the terms of your probation to determine whether this must be reported to your probation officer. You may also want to consult an atty who does criminal defense work.

  7. You do not say whether you were given a ticket by the police, but if the ticket was for a non-criminal traffic infraction and you were not charged with a criminal offense in this incident, you did not commit a violation of probation. Whether you told your probation officer or not, there would be no violation. If you are ever charged with a criminal offense, you should tell your probation officer (although you should never discuss the facts of a pending case with the p.o.) because the p.o. will eventually find out about the charge during a routine review, and then at least you complied with your obligation to report to your p.o.

    My response to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it create any obligation for me to represent you or for you to hire me to represent you. For additional help with your problem, you should consider promptly consulting with an attorney with whom you will have a confidential attorney-client relationship.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics