I am on probation for dwi I received a citation for paraphernalia ....Will my PO find out?

Asked 10 months ago - Hurst, TX

I have a dwi with endagerment to children due to someone under 15 in car with me.

1. Jon Michael O'Toole

Pro

2

Answered . If I understand your question correctly, you are on probation for the state jail felony offense of DWI with Child ve since received a class C ticket for possession of drug paraphernalia and now you want to know if your probation officer will find out. More than likely your probation officer will find out. However, it might be something that is addressed by just your probation officer and not in front of the judge. If, however, your probation officer does in fact tell the judge in your DWI case it may not result in a probation revocation depending on other factors, such as other allegations from your probation officer. You should contact a defense attorney if the probation officer files a motion to revoke so you can be appropriately represented.

2. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

1

Answered . Always asssume your PO will find out. Contact your attorney immediately to discuss. Good luck.

3. Christopher Irvin Simser

1

Answered . I agree that it is wise to proceed as though your PO will find out.

That said, best he or she finds out from you. Make an appointment as soon as possible. Go in and explain honestly and straight forwardly what happened. This is always the best approach with Probation - be honest and take responsibility.

Best of luck to you.