I am on probation for a meth charge and i was charged with theft by recieving felony, what will happen

Jackson, GA |

they do not have me selling anything but my boyfriend did and they have that, but they charged me too

i have a probation revocatoin hearing on 3/20, and I need help

You cold have our probation revoked and be sent to jail. You need to hire a lawyer immediately to deal with both the probation case and the new case.

I can't, I don't have the money. Do you know any pro bono attorneys that will help me? I am a single mother of 2, and my children need me.

Noah Howard Pines

Noah Howard Pines

I don't know any lawyers who will represent you for free. However, if you can't afford to hire a lawyer then you can apply for a public defender, a lawyer who is paid by the State to represent indigent people.

Your question is too broad. Generally, however, the answer is that you will be prosecuted. End of story. Worst case is your convicted of a felony. This is no joke. Just because you think your weren't involved doesn't mean that you're not guilty or that you cannot be convicted. You can. Period. You absolutely need to hire a skilled criminal defense attorney.

I know, this is a small town and a new sheriff that is going to make an example out of me. I don't have money to hire an attorney, know any pro bono that want to set this town on their ear?

Retain an attorney to represent you.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
Decatur, Ga. 30033
404-636-6616

If you have 10 years or less probation left, you could have the balance of your probation revoked. When a probationer commits a new felony, the judge is authorized to revoke the entirety of their probation, up to the maximum sentence for the new felony they committed while on probation.

Moreover, theft by recieving stolen property doesn't require you to sell anything. You can be found guilty of this offense if you "recieve, dispose of or retain" stolen property when you knew or should have known it was stolen. If you jointly possessed stolen property with your boyfriend (such as when you share a residence together, etc.) and you knew or should have known that property was stolen, you can be convicted of this crime.

Joint constructive possession of stolen property is a difficult legal concept. You need an attorney to look at the evidence against you and determine whether you have any defenses to this charge. Call me if I can be of assistance.

Allen R. Knox
125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
Kennesaw, GA 30144
(678) 334-1399

Thank you Mr. Knox, but I do not have the money to hire an attorney. My mother recently died in December and my savings was depleated and I lost my job when i was arrested due to the fact this was our boss he took these things from. I will have to stand alone to facethis.

Allen Rust Knox

Allen Rust Knox

Then you need to apply for a court appointed lawyer.