I am on probation finished my first year it was for my first and last dui will this affect my application for adjustment of stat

Asked about 1 year ago - Kansas City, MO

I am currently on probation finished my first year of it. I got it because of my first and last DUI and I have maintained a good relation with my probation officer. I am concerned that my application wont go through. I am on an F1 visa and iam still in status i have gone outside of the country and been back once with no problems so far.
Me and my girlfriend are planning on getting married soon. Please advise on what I should do and how much would an immigration attorney cost with my kind of situation,

1. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

12

Best Answer

Answered . It is not appropriate to quote fees here. It would serve you best to have a comprehensive consultation with an immigration lawyer. Make sure to bring a certified disposition of your case. You can obtain this from the courthouse.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

13

Answered . Yes. Hire an immigration attorney. A good one.

3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

8

Answered . You should speak with an immigration attorney for answers to your questions. If you want to find one in your area here on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

4. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

8

Answered . Please consult with an immigration attorney for quality, personalized advice.

5. Alexus Paul Sham

Pro

7

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.You should hire an immigration attorney.

6. Katie Herbert Meyer

4

Answered . I recommend that you and you fiancé speak to a qualified immigration attorney before you file any applications with immigration. There are many good immigration attorneys in Kansas City. You can search for immigration attorneys at http://www.ailalawyer.com/. Good luck!