I am on probation as a drug traffier in osceola ounty fl.was sentenced to ten years.i violated two years ago and was sentenced

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

to 90 days county and then 6 months at the bridges of america.i completed and have been trouble free since oct 26 2011.i just failed an urine test and was told that i violated.what are my options?

1. James Kevin Hayslett

Pro

11

Answered . First of all you need to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to assist you with your new violation of probation.
    The court has several options those could include additional jail time plus additional conditions of the remaining probation.
    Find you in wilful violation and sentence you to State prison.
    Not at all downplaying a positive urine screen but if that is the sole basis of your violation as opposed to a new criminal charge there may be some room to negotiate something that will not result in a significant penalty against you.
    You need competent experienced criminal counsel.

2. John Skyler Riordan

Pro

4

Answered . Immediately hire an attorney. At some point the State will seek to revoke your probation and send you to prison. You need an attorney to fight for you.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

4

Answered . Your options are to retain private counsel or get the public defender to represent you. Probation is a gift and it should never be violated. You will probably be arrested and held without bond. Good Luck.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  4. Don Waggoner

Pro

3

Answered . I am an Osceola County attorney experienced in cases such as these. You should hire an attorney to try to get you through this. Be aware however, with this being a trafficking case and a previous violation, you may have great difficuly avoiding prison.

5. Joshua Eli Adams

1

Answered . You need an attorney to try to negotiate a fair resolution. It would be in your interest to retain an attorney now since you are likely to be arrested and very well may be held without bond. If you retain an attorney now, when a warrant is issued, he can immediately file paperwork and try to get a bond hearing set. This may result in you spending significantly less time in jail prior to the resolution of your case.

Feel free to give my office a call. I work regularly in Osceola.

6. Roger David Futerman

1

Answered . Feel free to call me for a free confidential consultation. 7273445511.

7. Thomas Anthony Sadaka

1

Answered . You should hire counsel or, if you qualify, have the public defender appointed. This is very serious and the state could go back to the original statutory maximums as a potential sentence on the violation.