I am on long term disability -My former employer filed chapter 11 -do I file a claim form B-10? How do I fill out?

Asked about 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

I have been on Long term disability for 10 years now and probably until retirement age - My former employer filed chapter 11 on 9-3-2013. I am listed as a creditor - Do I file a Claim form B-10? How do I fill it out? It has an area where you put in a dollar amount, do I put in my monthly benefit amount or x number of years? Is my LTD protected in Nevada from Chap 11? I received 3 BK notices with 3 dates of hearings, do I attend them?

1. Brett D Weiss

Pro

4

Answered . The proof of claim form and instructions about how to fill it out are located at http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/RulesAndPolici.... It is possible that an attorney is representing all of the retirees (or if you get a group together, you may collectively be able to hire one).

2. Richard Edmund Hawkins

Pro

1

Answered . It can't be "protected from" the Chapter 11--the company has a fixed amount of assets to pay out with; the nature of an 11 is that someone pays this to take the assets.

It is possible that a counsel will be appointed to represent the interests of retirees at the estate's expense; it may be necessary for someone to take the initiative on making this happen.