I am on L2 Visa. Will I be able to sell stock photographs to sites like Shutterstock, iStockPhoto etc

Asked 11 months ago - Cincinnati, OH

I am trying to understand that apart from getting my social, do I need to apply for EAD for selling my photographs ? I am mostly going to accept payment through Paypal account which is attached to my bank account.


Attorney answers (5)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As the spouse of an L-1 (most likely "B") visa holder you are entitled to file for employment authorization (on Form I-765). Do so, obtain a work permit, then you can lawfully work or "conduct business" of the kind you are contemplating here. To engage in those activities without a work permit will be a violation of your visa status and could render you deportable and ruin your entire immigration future in the US. Am side that's not what you have in mind.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Robert Louis Brown


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As an L-2 you need to have an EAD to work in the US.

  3. Oksana Tsykova

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can work in the US. However, you must apply for and receive an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) before you start making money by selling photographs online. The SSN itself is not enough.

  4. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If it’s not a business, or your “work”, then that’s fine.

  5. Pablo Husayn Nossa

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can work but apply for an EAD.

    The answer provided is general in nature and should not be construed as legal advice as not all facts are know by... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,548 answers this week

3,047 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,548 answers this week

3,047 attorneys answering