I am on L2 visa. I want to file my H1B this year.I want to know what are the documents required for L2B to H1B Change of Status

Asked 6 months ago - Birmingham, AL

1. Cheryl Behringer Williams

2

Answered . You (the employee) cannot file the petition. It must be filed by the employer. There are a host of documents needed to successfully apply for H-1B, and timing is absolutely critical. Your employer should absolutely work with an immigration attorney. If they've ever done H-1B petitions before, they'll have an attorney they can contact for this. I'd suggest you speak withe HR department first, to see if they know an attorney. If not, then find an immigration attorney in your area. Cheryl

2. Ralf D. Wiedemann

1

Answered . The lawyer for the H-1B employer will surely inform you of the documents that are necessary. But in general you need all evidence showing that you are currently maintaining lawful L-2 status (including your spouse maintaining L-1 status), and your educational documentation showing that you have the equivalent of a U.S. bachleor's degree in a field that is required for the H-1B job. If your degree is not from a U.S. university, you will need an equivalency evaluation.

3. Ajay Kumar Arora

Answered . Documents showing that you meet the academic (or equivalent) qualifications for the offered specialty occupation, and that you and your spouse (marriage certificate is required) are maintaining respective nonimmigrant status if the H1B petition is being filed as change of status rather than consular processing. Your current immigration attorney will guide you.