I am on l2 and wanted to convert to f1 to. Do masters

Phoenix, AZ |
Filed under: L-2 dependent visa

Currently my visa status is l2 and wanted to do MS .So if I do MS in distances basis will that allow me to get converted to f1 and will be still eligible for all benefits as f1 do.

1. The answer to this depends on whether the educational institution is an SEVP Certified School by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. You can search using the link below. Even, then, you will need to check with the institution to determine if the program you are interested in qualifies for F-1 student status.

This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. Talk to the school you are planning to attend. Their student advisor should be able to help you.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

3. You can do it. But, I wouldn't recommend it

With L-2 you can go to class ... and usually get resident tuition ... not so with F-1.

With L-2 you can get an EAD and work anywhere ... not so with F-1.

I suggest you re-think this idea.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- franco@capriotti.com -- www.capriotti.com -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. No. Student status requires actual classroom time.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.