I am on L2 and have valid EAD but soon my L2 is expiring, can i continue to work after that

Asked about 5 years ago - Alpharetta, GA

I have valid EAD and valid I-94, soon my L2 visa is expiring, i need to know if i can continue to work with the expired L2 visa?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael I. Sherman

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . It is important that you apply for an L-2 extension prior to your current L-2 expiration date. As long as your application is timely filed and received by the USCIS, then you can legally continue to work using your unexpired EAD card while the USCIS processes the L-2 extension of status application.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,549 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,549 answers this week

3,057 attorneys answering