I am on L1A and myDependent is on L2 visa and her I94 has expiry date as L2 D/S, Which date should we metion while applying EAD

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

I am on L1 . I came couple of months back and my wife joined me last week in US on a L2 visa.We want to apply for EAD now
The question is on my wife's I94 has expiry date as L2 D/S. My expiry date on I94 is September 2015.
So for applying EAD what date should i put for my dependent i.e D/S or my expiry date?
Will mentioning D/S create any issues while applying for EAD as most of the people on L2 i know have an expiry date on their I94?

1. Tsirina Goroshit

1

Answered . Put as it is on I-94, as D/S, Enclose a copy of a card.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Just type in: "N/A, D/S". D/S stands for Duration of Status. Let USCIS break their heads and figure out themselves what the actual expiration date is or should be. That is not your responsibility.

3. Umit Mike Gursoy

Answered . Her status is dependent upon your authorized stay. Typically as you state, the I94 should have an expiration date and should not state D/S.