I am on L1A and myDependent is on L2 visa and her I94 has expiry date as L2 D/S, Which date should we metion while applying EAD

New York, NY |

I am on L1 . I came couple of months back and my wife joined me last week in US on a L2 visa.We want to apply for EAD now
The question is on my wife's I94 has expiry date as L2 D/S. My expiry date on I94 is September 2015.
So for applying EAD what date should i put for my dependent i.e D/S or my expiry date?
Will mentioning D/S create any issues while applying for EAD as most of the people on L2 i know have an expiry date on their I94?

Her status is dependent upon your authorized stay. Typically as you state, the I94 should have an expiration date and should not state D/S.

Thanks a lot for your response..So is it a good idea to visit the Port of entry and get the I 94 edited or i go ahead with filing EAD with D/S?

Just type in: "N/A, D/S". D/S stands for Duration of Status. Let USCIS break their heads and figure out themselves what the actual expiration date is or should be. That is not your responsibility.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Put as it is on I-94, as D/S, Enclose a copy of a card.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Recommended articles about Immigration