1. Can I stay and work for the same employer if I get my I-140 approved prior to May 2013 while I-485 is pending?
2. Or Do I need my EAD approved as well to work for my current employer?
3. Would concurremt processing of I-140 and I-485 help me here so that i don't have to leave US and still can continue to work for my employer until I get I-140 and I-485 approved even after May 2013?
2. Have current employer file for I-140 ASAP, and you file concurrently the I-485 AOS application, together with then I-765 EAD: the EAD will take 3+ months to issue, thus plan accordingly so that there'll be no interruptions in your employment.
3. Absolutely yes. See my answer 2 above.
Filing a concurrent EB1 petition along with an application for adjustment of status will allow you to remain in the U.S. after your I-94 expires so long as the applications continue to remain pending. Whether this is a viable option for you will, of course, depend upon the specifics of your case. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.
Get free answers from experienced attorneys.
21,324 answers this week
2,421 attorneys answering
Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.Browse our legal dictionary