I am on L1 VISA FROM COMPANY X , I GOT H1 FROM ANOTHER COMPANY WITH COS EFFECTIVE OCT1, L1 visa company releive me on Oct5th

Sunnyvale, CA |

Since I am working on L1 visa company after Oct1st is it going to be problem for H1 transfer or Green Card

Sure. You will be engaged for 4 days in unauthorized employment.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I agree with Att. Segal, you need to stop working for L1 company by October 1 as you will be in H1b status for company B on that date.

You need to start working for the H1 employer on Oct 1.

Business Immigration Attorney with 17 years of immigration law experience. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

You cannot continue to work in L-1 status from October 1 onwards as COS is approved and you are required to maintain H-1B status by joining your H-1B employer.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Recommended articles about Immigration