I am on informal probation and got a residential burglary charge..

Woodland Hills, CA |

The thing is, it was an attempted burglary because I did not enter the home, nor did I take anything. What are my alternatives to jail or prison time?

Your best alternative is to hire an attorney for your new charge and fight it and avoid a probation violation. Burglary is a serious charge and it can lead to prison/jail time plus probation violation.

Most attorneys offer free consultation. You can call one and discuss your case.

Sharon Paris Babakhan
(818) 490-3571
www.sharonbabakhanlaw.com

The alternatives will depend on all the factors including the facts not listed here. In addition, there is no attorney client privilege in this public forum so please do not list any more facts. Furthermore, a res burg is serious and considered a strike. A great deal will also depend on the venue, is this matter in Van Nuys, Malibu or Airport Court? Many reputable attorneys offer a free consultation. I highly recommend that you contact several to determine which one best suits your needs. I wish you the best.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
for Fairness / for Your Freedom because sometimes good people get into bad situations
(800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Another alternative is to ask for the public defender. Whether you do that or hire private counsel, you should not discuss a potential criminal matter in a public forum such as the AVVO site.