I am on H4 visa status right now and one professor is willing to hire me on exempt H1B visa for university. Is it possible?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbia, MD

I am on H4 visa status right now and one professor is willing to hire me on exempt H1B visa for university. Is it possible to apply for that? Professor is not aware of status and because of my voluntary work, he is very excited. I do not have SSN. How can I make it working? WHat do I need from University to apply for cap exempt H1B?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, it is possible.

You need to talk to the International Student and Scholar's office ... or whatever the office is called ... they probably have the capacity to process the paper, or will give you the name of the lawyer that they work with.

2. Ji Min Kim

Pro

Answered . Yes It is possible.The University has to apply for you. Contact the university.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . If the position qualifies as an H-1B position and the university is willing to petition you then, yes it is possible.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.