I am on h4 visa,can I participate in sweepstakes and lotteries ?if I win the amount can I claim it?

Dallas, TX |

I am on h4 visa,1)can I participate in sweepstakes and lotteries ?2)if I win the amount can I claim it?3)also certain sweepstakes say that "eligibility criteria is legal resident of USA" in that case can i participate.4)If the sweepstakes doesnot have any eligibility criteria as "legal resident of usa"can I participate and win money and claim it

1. This is not really an Immigration question. But my understanding is that of the amount is small, you should not have issues, if it is a big amount, you might. The rules are determined by those selling the tickets and organizing the competition...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

2. Please see the answer to your other question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.