I am on h4 visa,can I participate in sweepstakes and lotteries ?if I win the amount can I claim it?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

I am on h4 visa,1)can I participate in sweepstakes and lotteries ?2)if I win the amount can I claim it?3)also certain sweepstakes say that "eligibility criteria is legal resident of USA" in that case can i participate.4)If the sweepstakes doesnot have any eligibility criteria as "legal resident of usa"can I participate and win money and claim it

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

Answered . This is not really an Immigration question. But my understanding is that of the amount is small, you should not have issues, if it is a big amount, you might. The rules are determined by those selling the tickets and organizing the competition...

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Please see the answer to your other question.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now