I am on H4 Visa and applied for a COS from H4 to F1. If my COS gets rejected, would I fall out of status?

Rochester Hills, MI |

In that case, should I leave the country and get a new visa and come back?

It depends on why it is rejected and whether or not they deem you to be out of status.

Meet with an attorney and the school's foreign student adviser to avoid a denial.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I have the same question as my colleague. I wonder why you seem concerned about your COS being rejected? Also, he is absolutely correct. If your COS is rejected a lot depends on the reason why

Debbi Klopman, ESq. 398 Bergen Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 www.debbiklopmanlawoffice.com dkny430@aol.com 718 622 1208 This advice was intended to be general in nature and not to be taken as a legal opinion or legal advice and was not deemed to create an attorney-client relationship

I agree with my colleagues, retaining the services of an immigration lawyer to ensure the application is well prepared.