I am on H4 Visa and applied for a COS from H4 to F1. If my COS gets rejected, would I fall out of status?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Rochester Hills, MI

In that case, should I leave the country and get a new visa and come back?

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . It depends on why it is rejected and whether or not they deem you to be out of status.

Meet with an attorney and the school's foreign student adviser to avoid a denial.

2. Debbi Lee Klopman

1

Answered . I have the same question as my colleague. I wonder why you seem concerned about your COS being rejected? Also, he is absolutely correct. If your COS is rejected a lot depends on the reason why

3. Carlos E Sandoval

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, retaining the services of an immigration lawyer to ensure the application is well prepared.