I am on h4 visa,1)can I participate in sweepstakes and lotteries ?2)if I win the amount can I claim it?

Dallas, TX |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I am on h4 visa,1)can I participate in sweepstakes and lotteries ?2)if I win the amount can I claim it?3)also certain sweepstakes say that "eligibility criteria is legal resident of USA" in that case can i participate.4)If the sweepstakes doesnot have any eligibility criteria as "legal resident of usa"can I participate and win money and claim it

1. The lottery usually requires that you be either a USC or LPR. For specific requirements visit their website. If you will, you cannot claim which makes your first question irrelevant.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

2. It depends on the requirements of the sweepstakes and lotteries.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.