I am on F1 OPT STEM extension , non E - Verified company files for H1B . Can I get a CAP GAP for that employer ?

Asked 12 months ago - Bayshore, NY

I am on F1 OPT 17 months extension which expires ending of June 2014. I work for employer A who is e verified but not willing to sponsor H1b . Employer B is sponsoring my H1B but does not wish to be e - verified . 1 . Will I be eligible for CAP GAP to maintain status if I wok for employer B that is not everified ? 2. During the cap gap period between July 2014 and September 2014, can I work Employer B that is not e verified till I start H1b in October 1? Also is it compulsory to work for my H1b sponsor during the cap gap or can I work for any employer during the cap gap till October 1 ?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Answered . Company B's attorney is in the best position to answer this question for you.

    Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the... more

Related Topics

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

H-1B speciality occupation visa

If you have special skills and the right experience, you might be eligible for a H-1B visa if there is a shortage of qualified workers.

Sweta Khandelwal

H-1B Cap 2016

This video shall explain everything that one needs to know about H-1B visas and the H-1B Cap. H-1B Visas are visas that are available for positions that are referred to "Specialty... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

35,511 answers this week

3,870 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

35,511 answers this week

3,870 attorneys answering