I am on F1 and I have worked off campus without EAD. I am also out of F1 status now. I am married to US citizen.

Little Rock, AR |

Will I have complications on my Green Card application due to my out of status and working without EAD.

No, since you are the "immediate relative" of a USC now, you have nothing to fear anymore. Immediate relatives are not expected to maintain status, nor is any unauthorized employment have any consequences for them.

You will have no complications whatsoever. The only complications you might face is if your try to file for AOS on your own and make mistakes and have omissions along the way, which could considerably delay your green card application.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Please do not forget to designate a "Best Answer" to your question.

No because you are an immediate relative of USC.

You might. Working without EAD is not, without more, a disqualifier for immediate relatives of USCs.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.