I am on F1 and I have worked off campus without EAD. I am also out of F1 status now. I am married to US citizen.

Asked over 1 year ago - Little Rock, AR

Will I have complications on my Green Card application due to my out of status and working without EAD.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You might. Working without EAD is not, without more, a disqualifier for immediate relatives of USCs.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . No, since you are the "immediate relative" of a USC now, you have nothing to fear anymore. Immediate relatives are not expected to maintain status, nor is any unauthorized employment have any consequences for them.

    You will have no complications whatsoever. The only complications you might face is if your try to file for AOS on your own and make mistakes and have omissions along the way, which could considerably delay your green card application.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. Ji Min Kim


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No because you are an immediate relative of USC.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,146 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,146 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering