I am on dwi Probation. i got arrested for VOP a few months ago for a few reasons, will i be put in jail for a 1st time offense?

Asked about 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

My few violations were:
-not getting interlock in fast enough
-driving without a license
-tested positive 1x for drug & alcohol
-didnt show up a few x's to probation
-didn't sign up for victim impact

he has put in a request for revoking me

but since my arrest all my violations i have not faulted on since then & i took care of all the mishaps. PLEASE ADVISE!!!

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

10

Answered . You have not done well on probation so jail is a real possibility. Hire a good criminal defense lawyer.

2. Christopher Irvin Simser

9

Answered . Probation is considered an alternative to incarceration. Some NY counties still have an ATI office. In any event, the possibility is very real. You might also be "revoked and restored." That is, your current term would be revoked, and you would then be restored to Probation for the original term and for the time you have been in violation.

Speak to your PO and see what you can do to improve your situation. You should also speak to your attorney. He or she will be able to advise you on what you should do to minimize your exposure.

3. Joseph Paul Petito

Pro

8

Answered . You could. For the most part, probation will give you a chance. If the violation includes drugs, as yours does, follow up drug counseling will most likely be required. I would agree, with the first two posts, it would be well worth getting an attorney that understands your situation.

4. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

9

Answered . First you should talk to your attorney about yor case. If you do not have one you should contact one as you are likely looking at jail time for multiple violations. Good luck.

5. Marco Caviglia

Pro

7

Answered . Yes, you are a good candidate for jail upon resentencing. Contact an engaged DWI attorney.

6. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

6

Answered . Possibly. Hire a good attorney.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net