I am on child support orders...

Asked about 1 year ago - Jamaica, NY

I there please help me out i am child support orders in mass paying 600 a month to my child ... Now i moved to newyork city and i m going to drive a cab for part time do i need to tell d.o.r in mass that i m driving taxi in new york and how they are going to collect the money if i drive taxi full time , and if i drive taxi is der my child will raise???? Or it will stay same thank you and please help me....

1. Peter Christopher Lomtevas

Pro

3

Answered . Make sure you remain tight with Mass. The age out in Mass is 18 unless the child sits at home - then it's 21. Here, it's 21 no matter what happens. You don't want mom to come here file something here. That will transfer her case here.

Also remain accurate. You don't want an imputation to hit you. Drivers are especially vulnerable to imputation. The illusion is that you earn zillions in "tips". Be careful.

2. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

5

Answered . If you have a child support order in Ma, you may tell the DOR where your new employement is and they will continue on with the enforcement, however if you are making less money you should file a complaint for modification and see if you can reduce the amount, there have been some recent changes to the MA laws regarding this issue that may help you, take care.

3. Marco Caviglia

2

Answered . You are most likely required to tell Mass about any job and address change. As to whether your change will result in a modification to your child support, you should consult a Mass attorney conversant with the factors that state considers in determining if you get a reduction or not by taking a lesser paying job and for what reason.