I am on 12 month probation for simple battery. and 3 months in i got arrested for DUI/speeding ticket 29 over.

Asked about 4 years ago - Jonesboro, GA

The DUI violates my probation and the speeding over 20 will add to it. do you have any info on what punishment i should expect. i just got married and moved my family to GA but wife doesnt have a job so we are trying to see if she should move back if i will serving the rest of my probation in jail?

1. Matthew Wayne Kilgo

Answered . Probation is like a ticking clock, counting down for you from 12 months. The judge has 9 months to play with in determining what to do: revoke the balance and make you serve it, allow you to continue on probation without penalty, and anything in between. There are lots of factors to consider, as well: who your judge and probation officer are, what special conditions the judge imposed upon you at time of sentencing (was no alcohol a condition?), whether your probation officer even knows about the violation. Only a lawyer can help you to examine those factors, AND help you deal with your probation officer. Contact one from avvo in that jurisdiction and see if he/she can help, most give free consultations.

2. Elmer H. Young III

Answered . Mr. Kilgo gave you fine advice. Knowlege of the court and you state of compliance in other probation related matters will certainly pay into this case.