I am on 12 month probation for simple battery. and 3 months in i got arrested for DUI/speeding ticket 29 over.

Jonesboro, GA |

The DUI violates my probation and the speeding over 20 will add to it. do you have any info on what punishment i should expect. i just got married and moved my family to GA but wife doesnt have a job so we are trying to see if she should move back if i will serving the rest of my probation in jail?

Probation is like a ticking clock, counting down for you from 12 months. The judge has 9 months to play with in determining what to do: revoke the balance and make you serve it, allow you to continue on probation without penalty, and anything in between. There are lots of factors to consider, as well: who your judge and probation officer are, what special conditions the judge imposed upon you at time of sentencing (was no alcohol a condition?), whether your probation officer even knows about the violation. Only a lawyer can help you to examine those factors, AND help you deal with your probation officer. Contact one from avvo in that jurisdiction and see if he/she can help, most give free consultations.

Mr. Kilgo gave you fine advice. Knowlege of the court and you state of compliance in other probation related matters will certainly pay into this case.