Skip to main content

I am not working and want to bring my fiance to the US.we met 3 times this year.I dont have prove of income

Anaheim, CA |
Filed under: US visas

would itbe possible for my fiance to sponser himself, since he will the one providing for the family and has his own business in the emirates,I cant find a co sponser,I dont know anyone here, Can I just Have the amount of the money supposed to be earned as a checking account.would it work as a prove that he will be secured financilaly and not willing to have money from the goverment.

Attorney Answers 4


It will be difficult.

Meet with an immigration attorney to discuss your options.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful


No your fiance cannot sponsor himself.

Mark as helpful


You will need to find a co-sponsor for the affidavit of support.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


This is still possible, however you will need someone to be a co-sponsor with you in the application.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics