I am not sure what type of attorney I should hire to address my situation.

Columbus, OH |

I had a pacemaker implant, which created severe pains, and it is nine months, and I am unable to lift or move my hand. I had the pacemaker remove and placed on my right, but I am still experiencing pain. I have been through therapy, and the therapist stopped the treatment because the therapy was not helping. I don't know if the pacemaker was defective or a nerve was severed during surgery. I have seen several doctors, and they all say they cannot do anything to help since the problem is within the area where the pacemaker was placed. The orthopedic did state in the medical report, he thought it is nerve-related. It is going on six months, and I am unable to work,

I think you need to find a products liability attorney that handles matters involving medical devices.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

I had two MRI done. The first Mri obtained noted a high grade articular partial tear of the supraspinatus tendon, additional broad based articular side partial tear of infraspinatus tendon; tendinosis of biceps tendon, tears of anterior/posterior labrum. The second MRI show Intervertebral Discs: mild disc space narrowing at C5-C6 level. C5-C6 Bilobed disc herniation, with small central component, and a small left-sided component. The central component focal indents the thecal sac, slightly flattens the ventral aspect of the cord. The more lateral component may contact the left C6 nerve roots, and appears to mildly narrow the medial left neural foramen. Posterior CSF is well-preserved around the cord, would not regard this as a significant cervical stenosis. i so had about thirtheen therapy treatment and the therapist stopped the treatment because the therapy was not helping and again the pain was more intense in the area where the pacemaker was located. I saw two Ortho Surgeon and the stated it is nerve related and the will not touch me. I have contacted a few attorneys and they did not want to handle or give me the opportunity to explain the treatment imparted to me after this surgery by the cardiologist who performed the surgery and the doctor at the emergency room at same hospital I had this pacemaker implant.. Mark as good answer 2 people marked this answer as good Elizabeth Taylor Herd, licensed in Florida and Tennessee David Jay Sternberg, licensed in Ohio Robert V Cornish Jr. Answered a day ago. Securities / Investment Fraud Attorney in Washington, DC. I think you need to find a products liability attorney that handles matters involving medical devices. The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client... more Choose as best answer Add comment Mark as good answer Elizabeth Taylor Herd Answered about 9 hours ago. Medical Malpractice Attorney in Tampa, FL. I am not licensed in OH and can offer you only general advice. Usually a pacemaker is implanted through the femoral artery or an artery in your arm. Sounds like yours may have been inserted through your arm, and an injury to a nerve may be a risk of that procedure. You should look at the consent form that you signed prior to the procedure to see if that risk was something covered by the consent. You would need to show through expert testimony that the pacemaker was negligently inserted, and you did not experience a risk of the procedure. You also need to have a thorough understanding of what your injury is. You have not indicated what diagnostic studies were performed by the orthopedic which he relies on to determine that you have suffered a nerve related injury. You may need to seek additional evaluation to see what, if anything can be done to treat your pain. Often this type of evaluation will be useful to an attorney to determine whether your injury is causally related to the implantation. Seek medical evaluation and contact an attorney locally to evaluate your claim. Choose as best answer 1 comment Mark as good answer Related Questions 3 Attorney answers: I am unsure as to what type of attorney to contact in regards to a medical suit regarding a malufunctioning pain pump. Asked by a user in Denver, CO - 2 years ago. Tags: Lawsuits Malpractice Lawsuits Medical Malpractice Pain and Suffering Personal Injury 2 Attorney answers: I hired an attorney to file malpractice against my divorce attorney. He filed incorrectly, case was dismissed do I owe him? Asked by a user in Hartington, NE - 7 months ago. Tags: Divorce Filing for Divorce Lawsuits Malpractice Case Malpractice Lawsuits Medical Malpractice 4 Attorney answers: Can I sue (and win) for medical malpractice in California small claims court? What should my cause(s) of action be? Asked by a user

I urge you to seek a second opinion concerning the nature and source of your pain and other symptoms. It does not sound logical for those symptoms to be originating "within the area where the pacemaker was placed". What you are experiencing sounds like a nerve injury, which may be the result of direct trauma to the nerve (such as a laceration or crush injury), or it could be the result of indirect trauma, such as a stretch or compression injury. You should probably undergo nerve conduction studies, such as an EMG, to determine the nature and source of the problem. Until that is determined, it is not possible to provide legal advice as to whether you have a viable medical malpractice claim. I strongly doubt your problems are the result of the pacemaker being defective.

Mr Leesberg I had two MRI done. The first Mri obtained noted a high grade articular partial tear of the supraspinatus tendon, additional broad based articular side partial tear of infraspinatus tendon; tendinosis of biceps tendon, tears of anterior/posterior labrum. The second MRI show Intervertebral Discs: mild disc space narrowing at C5-C6 level. C5-C6 Bilobed disc herniation, with small central component, and a small left-sided component. The central component focal indents the thecal sac, slightly flattens the ventral aspect of the cord. The more lateral component may contact the left C6 nerve roots, and appears to mildly narrow the medial left neural foramen. Posterior CSF is well-preserved around the cord, would not regard this as a significant cervical stenosis. i so had about thirtheen therapy treatment and the therapist stopped the treatment because the therapy was not helping and again the pain was more intense in the area where the pacemaker was located. I saw two Ortho Surgeon and the stated it is nerve related and the will not touch me.

I am not licensed in OH and can offer you only general advice. Usually a pacemaker is implanted through the femoral artery or an artery in your arm. Sounds like yours may have been inserted through your arm, and an injury to a nerve may be a risk of that procedure. You should look at the consent form that you signed prior to the procedure to see if that risk was something covered by the consent. You would need to show through expert testimony that the pacemaker was negligently inserted, and you did not experience a risk of the procedure. You also need to have a thorough understanding of what your injury is. You have not indicated what diagnostic studies were performed by the orthopedic which he relies on to determine that you have suffered a nerve related injury. You may need to seek additional evaluation to see what, if anything can be done to treat your pain. Often this type of evaluation will be useful to an attorney to determine whether your injury is causally related to the implantation. Seek medical evaluation and contact an attorney locally to evaluate your claim.