I am not released from doctors care at this time, employer wants me to ignore doctors orders, new management company for employ

Asked 11 months ago - Valley Springs, CA

I was injured in an explosion at a power plant and 2as mediflighted with burns to both hands and back of head. In the explosion I was thrown and injured my back as well.
I am on workers comp and under the care of a wc physian with orders of no kneeling crouching crawling or lifting more than 5lbs. My company has since let our old management company go and hired a new one. This new company says that I have to complete a physical including lifting 50 lbs (which doc says at this time I cannot do) if I do not complete this physical by the 20th this month they said it will be my job , in other words. Wont have one.
What do I do?,
This seems wrong for them to be able to do this...... please advise me on ehat to do,
I am baffled.

1. Karen Dena Steinitz

4

Answered . Unfortunately, they do not have to take you back, but they should continue to pay you benefits

2. Gerald Franklin Batchelder

3

Answered . Please see the answers already posted to this question you asked earlier.

3. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

2

Answered . A "Fitness for Duty" examination is almost uniformly allowed, so the Employer can determine if you are physically/mentally able to perform the work.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.
  4. John M Connell

Pro

2

Answered . Same answer. If you are unable to perform the essential functions of the job due to your restrictions they don't have to hire you in most states.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now