I am not happy with my divorce lawyer any advice for making sure my next one is the right one

Asked over 1 year ago - Monaca, PA

divorce lawyer does not return calls for weeks and i feel like they are not doing all they can

1. Karen Ann Ulmer

Pro

1

Answered . There is not way to be 100% certain that you have the right fit for you but I would ask for recommendations in your area from other people who went through a divorce.

2. Scott L Levine

1

Answered . Choosing the right lawyer to handle your family law matter is an enormously important decision, and one that should be made carefully after fully reviewing your needs and matching them with the professional who can best serve you and see that your wishes are fulfilled.

There are many resources available on-line to assist you. You should talk to friends, family, co-workers and neighbors. You should make calls to various firms and set up face to face meetings with the lawyers that make you most comfortable.

There are a number of tangible characteristics and intangible qualities that may be important to you in your search for hiring a great lawyer. In your situation before you select another attorney you should speak to or meet with several different lawyers. During those meetings you will need to determine if you feel comfortable with this person and their knowledge, skill set and understanding of the law?

When meeting with the prospective counsel you will need to assess if they put you at ease and reassure you by explaining the issues and by setting forth a detailed strategy for your representation, including providing information about how communications with you will be handled and if you will be kept abreast of all recent developments and receive return calls within 24 hours.

Good luck with your search.