I am nervous, and wondering If I should take a lump settlement.

Carleton, MI |

I have been going through a workman's comp fight for over 5 year's. They now have offered me a lump settlement, but no medical.I will probably never be able to go back to work, and am considered forever disabled by social security, doctors and long term disability. My lawyer is pressuring me to take the settlement.

As you are represented by an attorney, it would be improper for me to comment with out reviewing the entire file. It is tough to 2nd guess an attorney who has been on the case for 5 yrs.

Just ask your Attorney to write down the benefits and problems of each settlement for you. Then you can pick a column.

I represent Employers, but I can recommend Worker Attorneys in So Cal if you ask.

If you are worried about these issues or feel uncomfortable with the possible settlement, you always have the option of contacting another workers' compensation for a second opinion. Notwithstanding, it may be wise to give your attorney every opportunity to explain why he/she thinks the settlement is in your best interests. Good luck.

Any post of discussion above is general in nature and is not intended to and should not be construed as legal advice. Furthermore, the above posting does not create or establish any attorney-client relationship. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. [John D. Wu is licensed to practice law before all California federal and state courts]

Recommended articles about Personal injury