I am moving out of my rental and I am current on rent and not in any violation. They are giving me a week to move out.

Asked about 4 years ago - Salem, AR

I am in the proccess of moving out of state. I am current on rent and am in no violation of the lease. My landlord has told me that I have to have all my stuff out by Saturday July 24,2010. They deposited my check for July's rent. Is this legal?

1. Steven Alan Fink

Answered . They cannot force you out before the end of the month. Any legal action they take will not be effective until after you are long gone. If they try to lock you out, they are violating the law and are subject to legal action for damages.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.