I am moving on the first but i have an arraignment date on the 11th. is it possible to get my court date moved?

I am a 23 year old male. The arraignment is for an a/b but the other kid tackled me first, i only hit him once in self defence. He was the drunkest kid at the party, he doesnt even remember what room it happened in. I'm just trying to find out if i can move my court date because i am moving 2 weeks before.

Lynn, MA -

Terri D. Leary

Terri D. Leary

Criminal Defense Attorney - Worcester, MA

When you hire an attorney, she can ask that your case be brought forward, but it is not likely to be resolved at that time, and there will be more court appearances you will be required to attend.

Dylan Hayre

Dylan Hayre

Criminal Defense Attorney - Sherborn, MA

Do you have an attorney? If so, have your attorney contact the District Attorney's office and the clerk's office at the court that will be hearing this case. Your attorney can ask that the arraignment be postponed, although there are no guarantees that he/she will be successful in this request. If you do not have an attorney, you should consult with an attorney and work with that attorney to see what options may be available: if moving the case is not an option, perhaps a resolution to the case can be discussed so that your time in the courts is as efficient and quick as possible.

--
Attorney Dylan Hayre's law practice, A Lawyer for Soldiers, focuses on representing veterans and military families in family, civil, and criminal litigation. Attorney Hayre also represents civilian clients, and handles all matters on a flat fee basis. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, visit: www.LawyerForSoldiers.com.

David C. Newton

David C. Newton

Criminal Defense Attorney - Salisbury, MA

It is a possibility. You should hire a criminal defense attorney and then have them contact the clerks office. I have seen arraignments moved up before.

David Newton, Esq
978-995-2014
www.thenewtonlawfirm.com

This is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
Henry Lebensbaum

Henry Lebensbaum

Criminal Defense Attorney - Andover, MA

Hire a lawyer to assist you

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Lawrence James Christopher

Lawrence James Christopher

Criminal Defense Attorney - Chelsea, MA

If you hire an attorney , you should have no problem changing the arraignment date. I have had clients with similar situations and we moved the arraignment to an earlier date and I have also changed arraignments to dates in the future. It is a summons arraignment, so the court should be accommodating to your attorney. Although you are moving you will still be expected to appear for future court dates until the matter is resolved.