I am moving on the first but i have an arraignment date on the 11th. is it possible to get my court date moved?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lynn, MA

I am a 23 year old male. The arraignment is for an a/b but the other kid tackled me first, i only hit him once in self defence. He was the drunkest kid at the party, he doesnt even remember what room it happened in. I'm just trying to find out if i can move my court date because i am moving 2 weeks before.

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Terri D. Leary

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . When you hire an attorney, she can ask that your case be brought forward, but it is not likely to be resolved at that time, and there will be more court appearances you will be required to attend.

    Providing users with information is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. However, if in... more
  2. Dylan Hayre

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Do you have an attorney? If so, have your attorney contact the District Attorney's office and the clerk's office at the court that will be hearing this case. Your attorney can ask that the arraignment be postponed, although there are no guarantees that he/she will be successful in this request. If you do not have an attorney, you should consult with an attorney and work with that attorney to see what options may be available: if moving the case is not an option, perhaps a resolution to the case can be discussed so that your time in the courts is as efficient and quick as possible.

    Attorney Dylan Hayre's law practice, A Lawyer for Soldiers, focuses on representing veterans and military families in family, civil, and criminal litigation. Attorney Hayre also represents civilian clients, and handles all matters on a flat fee basis. For more information or to schedule a free consultation, visit: www.LawyerForSoldiers.com.

    The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created... more
  3. David C. Newton


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is a possibility. You should hire a criminal defense attorney and then have them contact the clerks office. I have seen arraignments moved up before.

    David Newton, Esq

    This is not intended as legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Hire a lawyer to assist you

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  5. Lawrence James Christopher


    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If you hire an attorney , you should have no problem changing the arraignment date. I have had clients with similar situations and we moved the arraignment to an earlier date and I have also changed arraignments to dates in the future. It is a summons arraignment, so the court should be accommodating to your attorney. Although you are moving you will still be expected to appear for future court dates until the matter is resolved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,545 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,545 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering