I am mom who was arrested for 4th degree domestic violence does i get my child custody when i will file the divorce

Lynnwood, WA |
Filed under: Family law

I was arrested for forth degree dv , but i never go to court and my case was dismissed by the prosecutor . I cut my wrist to release stress because my husband and my in-laws abused me from 5 years. Now i want to file the divorce and need custody of my son. Is this Domestic violence charges affect my child custody.

Both the arrest and attempt at suicide will effect your case -- please hire or consult wiht counsel before filing.

Please note that THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and are for informational purposes only. This response is not intended to create any attorney-client relationship and is only based on the limited facts given. The response might change should additional facts be learned and should not be relied on as legal advice. It is recommended that you consult with an attorney who can properly assess the situation, as well as all pertinent facts, prior to taking any action based on the foregoing statements

I agree with the previous response. The assault and the attempted suicide will be considered when the court determines custody. They are RCW 26.09.191 factors. Seek the counsel of an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.

Peter J. Abbarno practices in the State of Washington; primarily in Thurston, Lewis, and Cowlitz counties. The response is limited to his understanding of law in the jurisdiction in which he practices and not to any other jurisdiction. No response to any posted inquiry shall constitute legal advice, nor the existence of an attorney/client relationship. www.centralialaw.com