I am mom who was arrested for 4th degree domestic violence does i get my child custody when i will file the divorce

Asked about 1 year ago - Lynnwood, WA

I was arrested for forth degree dv , but i never go to court and my case was dismissed by the prosecutor . I cut my wrist to release stress because my husband and my in-laws abused me from 5 years. Now i want to file the divorce and need custody of my son. Is this Domestic violence charges affect my child custody.

1. Dave Hawkins

Pro

1

Answered . Both the arrest and attempt at suicide will effect your case -- please hire or consult wiht counsel before filing.

2. Peter Jaret Abbarno

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with the previous response. The assault and the attempted suicide will be considered when the court determines custody. They are RCW 26.09.191 factors. Seek the counsel of an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.