Skip to main content

I am medially mentally disabled by the state, was served a SHOW CAUSE ORDER in a civil case, i dont understand the proceedings

West Chester, PA |

a judge sent me a show cause order in a civil case, i dont understand the nature of the proceedings as i'm certified as menatlly disabled, i'm indigent, i replyed to the show cause order stating i want a attorney, i want a mental health evaluation. The show cause order was sent where i have to respond why i should not be held in cotempt, thats why i asked for a attorney & mental health eval... do i have a right for them to appoint me a attorney in a show cause order dealing with me possibly getting contempt, and do i have a right to a mental health evaluation as i dont understand the nature of this

Attorney Answers 1


there are generally many services that provide free legal services to people in your situation... I would suggest searching you immediate area for such services...

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics