I am marrying my Fiancé next year but am wondering if I will lose my current work permit when we apply for the Green Card?

Atlanta, GA |

I am a L-1 visa holder and have my work permit thru my job. If we apply for a Green Card - will I lose that permit and have to wait up to 90 days for the I-765 ?

1. You will retain L1 status and attendant work authorization until your status is adjusted.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. The alternative, of course, is to get married, but not apply for adjustment of status thus keeping the L1 visa and not waiting 90 days for the EAD. If you prefer it this way. No one is forcing you to seek adjustment of status.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Marriage and prenups topics