I am married but separated and am pregnant with someone elses baby, what rights does my husband have?

Dallas, TX |

my husband and i got married a couple of years ago our marriage didnt work out and we split up before my permanent green cars was approved i am now pregnant by someone else hes threatening me with taking my son he has blackmailed me the whole time since our relationship started going bad. now hes talking about taking right over this baby and hes saying hes gonna go to immigration so i can get deported he has cause a lot of emotional damage to me and my family blackmailing us and trying to take my son for no reason. He wants to controll everything i do. Help... what can i do i feel so helpless he has turned into a nightmare his whole family is in it and theyre trying to take my son away because they know all they have to do is go to immigration and i will get deported along with my parents.

Unfortunately I've had this scenario in several divorce cases in the last couple of years. Usually my clients have been Indian or from the Middle East but it could apply to anyone in the USA who hasn't yet established permanent resident status. What you need is a family lawyer working with an immigration lawyer to walk this legal tightrope. Yes, it's typical for the husband to be very controlling and for his family to be heavily involved. This can have a good ending for you and your child if you play your cards correctly.

Recommended articles about Family law