I am married and have two children. I don't work and i am being sued for backed medical bills.

Grand Rapids, MI |

Have got in contact with the lawyers who are suing me and they will not take any sort of payments. They just say if i don't have the full amount then it will go through courts. What do i do now?

You can do nothing, let the lawsuits go to judgments, which may result in a lien being placed against any real estate or other property you own. Your bank account may be attached as a result as well. Should you later get a job, your wages could be garnished,

You can respond to the lawsuit, which may give you some leverage to later settle the lawsuits. I have published a legal guide on Avvo explaining how to do this. Of course, if you don't owe the debt, you should respond to the lawsuit as well. If you are not able to settle the lawsuit, it is likely that eventually the creditor will get a judgment against you, which would be the same result as doing nothing.

If the debt is enormous, you may have to consider bankruptcy. See an attorney in your community for more detailed information.

Hope this perspective helps!

You can only work something out with the creditor if the creditor wants to work something out with you. Based on your financial situation, there does not appear to be anything else you can do at this point in time, unless you can borrow money from friends or family.

Disclaimer of California Attorney
Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract.

Joshua P. Friedman
jfriedman@jpfassociates.com
www.losangelescollector.com

Disclaimer of California Attorney Although the above response is believed to be accurate, it should not be relied upon as any type of legal advice because the information provided is incomplete. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. No attorney client relation is formed with me without a written contract. Joshua P. Friedman jfriedman@jpfassociates.com www.losangelescollector.com

The answer to your question depends on the total amount of the medical debts, the total amount of other debts you may have, the source and amount of your household income, and the value of all the assets you have.

If you have no means of paying the bills, because you are unemployed and your income isn't sufficient to make payments on the bills, I don't understand why you wouldn't be looking into filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. Your situation is the type of circumstances that Bankruptcy is intended to provide relief from.

This answer is not specific legal advise. No attorney client relationship has been established. It is general commentary on the question presented, without the benefit of a full disclosure of all relevant facts. Seek an in-person consultation with a licensed professional.