I am looking to create a video based education for small business owners on how to manage their finances better.

New York, NY |

This program would discuss industry specific operational issues , financial metrics as well as general business advice . What are the legal issues here ? What type of lawyer should I be looking to hire ? The program would be done over a Power Point presentation and someone talking the material

As you can imagine, there are many considerations and your specifc scenario will matter.

My firm works with start-up entrepreneurs on a daily basis and we too are based in NYC. I would be happy to offer a free phone consultation to go over some of the threshold considerations regards to any new business and learn more about your particular model.

It is not clear from your posting whether you would fall into any formal compliance regime, but that will need to be fleshed out of course. Apart from that, you have entity formation considerations, trademark, service contracts/terms and conditions, among others.

Feel free to contact me if you care to discuss in more detail.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. Feel free to call for a free phone consultation; your inquiries are always welcome: CONTACT: 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Bruce E. Burdick

Bruce E. Burdick

Asker, you should call Attorney Natoli and work a barter deal where he guides you and writes for your book and you promote him in your book. See the opportunity in the problem!

Nothing jumps out from your description of facts indicates you need a specialized lawyer other than a business lawyer with some IP experience. Mr. Natoli who has also responded in in your jurisdiction and has posted many, many fine Avvo answers. The Avvo "Find a Lawyer" function at the bottom of the page can help you locate others.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Not really enough info to answer the question. YOu can get a small business start up lawyer for entity formation and strategy. Here is an article on business entity set up considerations.

The content of this answer has been prepared by Scott Legal Services, P.C. for general informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and should not be considered or relied upon as legal advice. Transmission or receipt of the content of this information does not create, nor is it intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Because each matter involves differing facts, online readers should not act upon the content of this website without seeking legal advice.

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law