I am looking for partial expungements in 2 open cases.

Reading, PA |

I have 2 open cases in which i pled guilty to atleast one charge in each case. I am looking for the expungement of all the dismissed charges in each case. Both cases have misdermenors and/or felonies. Located in berks county, PA and would like to clean my record up for employment purposes. Do i have to pay all fines and costs in each case before the removal of dismissed charges? thank you

1. Partial expungements are generally a challenge to secure. From my experience, the courts will not consider it if the case is still open. The sentence must be served and all costs must be paid. You should retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you.

2. I agree with Attorney Keller. The case must be closed before filing an expungement petition. Moreover, it is unlikely you will be entitled to an expungement of the dismissed charges. However, you should be afforded a hearing to present a case as to why your non-conviction data should be expunged. The court will balance the Commonwealth's interest in preserving the record against the harm caused to the individual by maintaining the record. You should consult a criminal defense attorney who can fully explain the process.

James D. Doyle, Esquire - 310 N High Street, West Chester, PA 19380 - (610) 431-8910 - This is for general purposes only and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Contact an attorney licensed in your State for specific inquiries

3. I agree with the accurate responses you have already received from learned counsel in the eastern part of the Commonwealth.