I am looking for FL. Stat. on Intentional Torts.

I am looking for information regarding civil procedure for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on http://www.leg.state.fl.us, but the information I find there does not have anything on IIED. Thanks again for the help and have a great day.

Bradenton, FL -

Thomas Michael Bates

Thomas Michael Bates

Personal Injury Lawyer - West Palm Beach, FL

Intentional infliction of emotional distress is a "common law" tort. Meaning that over the history of the law the courts have carved out a cause of action for a person who has been injured by behavior that is so extreme and outrageous that it will not be condoned in a civilized society. The tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress has not been "codified" meaning that State Legislatures have not enacted statutes dealing directly with this tort.

James William Guarnieri Jr.

James William Guarnieri Jr.

Personal Injury Lawyer - Brandon, FL

Florida Statutes section 95.11.

Norman Adam Tebrugge

Norman Adam Tebrugge

Criminal Defense Attorney - Bradenton, FL

If you want to read more about this subject, Google Scholar is a great resource. Be careful when you read case law because every case is different. But here is a link to some Florida case law. Happy Reading.