I am looking for FL. Stat. on Intentional Torts.

Bradenton, FL |

I am looking for information regarding civil procedure for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on http://www.leg.state.fl.us, but the information I find there does not have anything on IIED. Thanks again for the help and have a great day.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress is a "common law" tort. Meaning that over the history of the law the courts have carved out a cause of action for a person who has been injured by behavior that is so extreme and outrageous that it will not be condoned in a civilized society. The tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress has not been "codified" meaning that State Legislatures have not enacted statutes dealing directly with this tort.

I am not seeking to represent you based on the response to this question. The answer given is for general information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is hereby intended.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify this for me. Have an excellent day.

Florida Statutes section 95.11.

Thank you.

Is there a sub section for IIED's ? I am not seeing much in regards to this..thanks again.

James William Guarnieri Jr.

James William Guarnieri Jr.

Without knowing the facts of your case, I would be less concerned about 95.11(3)(o)

James William Guarnieri Jr.

James William Guarnieri Jr.

That should read "most" concerned.

If you want to read more about this subject, Google Scholar is a great resource. Be careful when you read case law because every case is different. But here is a link to some Florida case law. Happy Reading.

Thank you. I am currently attending school to become a paralegal and I have been stumped on this particular issue. Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks again.