I am looking for FL. Stat. on Intentional Torts.

Bradenton, FL |

I am looking for information regarding civil procedure for Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have looked on http://www.leg.state.fl.us, but the information I find there does not have anything on IIED. Thanks again for the help and have a great day.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress is a "common law" tort. Meaning that over the history of the law the courts have carved out a cause of action for a person who has been injured by behavior that is so extreme and outrageous that it will not be condoned in a civilized society. The tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress has not been "codified" meaning that State Legislatures have not enacted statutes dealing directly with this tort.

I am not seeking to represent you based on the response to this question. The answer given is for general information purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is hereby intended.

2. Florida Statutes section 95.11.

3. If you want to read more about this subject, Google Scholar is a great resource. Be careful when you read case law because every case is different. But here is a link to some Florida case law. Happy Reading.