Skip to main content

I am looking for an immigration attorney to obtain immigration records

Los Angeles, CA |

I am looking for an immigration attorney in Los Angeles who can obtain immigration records for a relative. I would also like to find someone who can subsequently handle a case for me. Please respond here if you can assist. Or email

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Only the relative can authorize release of his or her records. USCIS is national in scope, so any attorney can help you request records under the Freedom of Information Act.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  2. Most Immigration records may be obtained via the Freedom of Information Act.

  3. The relative's records can be obtained under a FOIA request, but he has to sign to authorize the release of his records. Will be happy to help.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Use the Find a lawyer feature above.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  5. Have the subject of the records sign and file a FOIA.

    If you are trying to get records without their permission... it can not be done.

    Use the search for a lawyer feature of AVVO if you are trying to help a relative and aren't trying to investigate them without their permission.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics