I AM LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED KIDNAPPING ATTORNEY WHO WILL WORK PRO BONO FOR A NON PROFIT

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

MY FRIEND NEEDS HELP ON SOME SERIOUS CHARGES

1. Antonio Gonzalo Jimenez

Pro

11

Answered . Public Defender. That's what they are for; for people that cannot afford an attorney.

2. Richard G. Canina

Pro

10

Answered . Try the public defender. Many of them are more experienced than you'd think.

3. Jack Richard Lebowitz

Pro

7

Answered . If this is involving a child that your friend is the biological father or mother of, you need a family law attorney. This is usually not "kidnapping" and results in custody proceedings in Family Court rather than kidnapping. If he or she is low income, they can often get assigned counsel to represent them for free, and there are other options, like Legal Aid Societies in many places, especially if avoiding domestic violence is part of the kidnapping issue.

If the child is unrelated, yes, these serious charges could be criminal and I agree with other counsel that a PD will be assigned if your friend is facing serious charges.

4. Frank Mascagni III

7

Answered . I am unsure from you post. Is a person charged with a CRIMINAL felony charge of kidnapping? Or are you referring to a FAMILY COURT case involving custody issues? Who/what is the Non-Profit you are referring to? If criminal, the defendant needs to ask the judge to appoint him a Public Defender at the next court date if he cannot afford private counsel, and if he qualifies.

5. Evan Mitchell Kleiman

5

Answered . I can't imagine any attorney doing a case this serious pro bono. If you cannot afford a private attorney you may qualify for a public defender depending on your financial circumstances

6. Robin Pimentel

4

Answered . Sadly, charges as serious as these usually will not be handled by attorneys on a pro bono basis.. I think I it would greatly depend on the facts of your friend's case. Regardless, I would definitely suggest trying first the services of the public defender.

Disclaimer: My reply does not constitute legal advice or the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.