I am looking for an attorney who handles legal malpractice cases, not medical.

Arlington Heights, IL |

I was sued for breached NDA agreement, but my case was dismissed. Also other people was involved in this case, and it was settlement - other people had to pay some money.
By mistake or I do not know why my name was included in the settlement. Company was paying money, I did not pay, but company was bankrupt and now other party want me to pay them money.
I was suggested by my attorney to find attorney who handles legal malpractice cases to find out:a) what the statute of limitations is to make sure you file within that limitations period, and b) the viability of your claim (that is, learning whether you have a solid legal malpractice claim).
Settlement was signed in May, 2012.
I did not signed any settlements.My case was dismissed before settlement.

Vladimir

Tough cases, you must prove case within a case.

I'm your case, look for someone practices in the business and intellectual property area.

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

You can find one on this site. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo attorney with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

There are lawyers in your area willing to investigate this claim. Use the AVVO find a lawyer tab to locate one.

No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.

To find an attorney who handles legal malpractice you can use the "FInd a Lawyer' tool bar and seek out an attorney and get a free consultation to make sure that he or she has the experience in these matters.

Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Stephen Laurence Hoffman

I generally agree that the Avvo "Find a Lawyer" toolbar is a wonderful resource. However, in this case, the best bet is to start talking to lawyers who are familiar with the specific type of case on which he is alleging malpractice. Some familiarty with the underlying case (within a case) is needed. Essentially, at least in Illinois, you need to prove the fact that there was malpractice by this lawyer AND that the underlying case would have been successful if the malpractice had not been committed.