I am looking for a pro bono attorney in new york city experienced with early release/discharge from probation cases

Brooklyn, NY |

I have served almost 6 years of a 10 year probation sentence with no violations or other possibly disqualifying events/behavior

1. There is NY Legal Aid or Legal Services. They provide pro bono services to those that meet their income guidelines. Their income guidelines are pretty low so it might be similar to those required to get a public defender. You could also contact the local Bar Association as these groups often have names of attorneys willing to take on pro bono cases.

2. It is extremely rare for attorneys to take on criminal matter pro bono. This is in large part because indigent defendants are entitled to free representation. Though not necessarily entitled to free representation at this point, you should contact the Legal Aid Society they may be able to help. You should also speak with your probation officer. If you have been doing well and otherwise qualify for early termination, your PO can assist with this and you may not need an attorney.

3. I don't know anyone who does pro bono but the petition process for the release you seek is relatively simple.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights. Good Luck.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.

“LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

--

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado

Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com

www.EstrellaLawyer.com