Skip to main content

I am looking for a personal injury / legal malpractice attorney well versed in civil rights litigation or willing to learn. Utah

Salt Lake City, UT |

Readers digest version. My ex-husband filed a petition to modify our divorce decree. He and his attorney knowingly made false statements (abuse of process). The petition filed also included non-redacted information including gross details and testimony of a sexual crime that happened to my two daughters, including a non-redacted police report, juvenile court documents, etc. (Legal malpractice).

It get's better. My husbands ex-wife called the Utah 2nd District Court and requested, paid for, and received the petition and other private and protected documents via her Salt Lake County government email account (criminal for ex-wife and the courts to disseminate). She then disseminated the information to friends, family, etc. Have all evidence including emails, recordings, and admission all par

Have done 7 GRAMA requests to Court and SL County, who refuse to provide info. E-x wife was granted stalking injuction, and protective orders, with her trying to keep us from getting her SLCO government emails, which are now dismissed. SLC police are filing criminal charges. Ogden PD, Weber County and SLCO Sheriffs and DA's refused to accept a police report from us. Cause of Actions Summary: Legal malpractice, abuse of process, communications fraud, civil rights violated by protective orders etc, GRAMA violations, Going to sue SLCO, Weber County, 2nd Dist Court, Riverdale City, Ogden City, two attorneys and their firms (have malpractice insurance), ex-spouses (to assign their malpractice claims to us then let them off the hook). My attorney has conflict of interest. I have the entire case researched and all evidence needed. Willing to pay 25% contingency, and Civil Rights violations get actual attorney fees award. Will be high media profile case.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. This a a public forum , and not really the place to hire an attorney. I would recommend either avvo's find a lawyer tab,, or State trial attorneys association.

  2. As an aside, if you are pro se and facing an attorney you are NOT on a level playing field and no amount of study, preparation, or research will even the score. Recommend you consult with an attorney ASAP.

  3. You need to contact a local attorney who can assist you. Use the find a lawyer function .

    No information provided in response to these questions can be relied upon in any way without further personally consulting with Attorney Kerrigan and Attorney Kerrigan consulting personally with you regarding your specific legal situation.

  4. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to find a top-rated lawyer with a low contingency fee. Good luck.

  5. Use the AVVO lawyer search feature. I suspect you may have a hard time finding someone to handle this case. Did the petition to modify with the alleged false statements get dismissed--completely? If it was not dismissed then there is no abuse of process claim. Your ex-husband can sue his own lawyer for legal malpractice if he was someone harmed but you cannot sue his lawyer for malpractice--you had no agreement with that lawyer. Are you saying the petition was sealed and the ex-wife got the file because she had access through her employment?
    What are your damages??

    If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

Medical malpractice topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics