I am looking for a low cost attorney to help me with mail fraud and unauthorized use of credit card case.

Buffalo, NY |

I am looking for a low cost attorney and/or an attorney that will accept payment plan. I am currently under investigation by the United States Postal Inspector. They told me that I am facing federal charges. I had an interview and they told me that they will be in touch with me. Its been a few days I haven't heard anything back from anyone.

If you cannot afford an attorney you can always ask for a public defender to be appointed as the charges are criminal in nature.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.

Check out attorneys within "commuting" distance of White Plains who are otherwise qualified.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

If you cannot afford an attorney in a criminal case, you may be eligible for an assigned attorney.

This communication is intended only to provide general information. No attorney-client relationship is created.

You don't want to shop for an attorney based on rates alone. You need someone who is competent and hard working. Additionally, many lawyers offer payment plans. Your charges sound serious, don't hire the least expensive lawyer you find.

AVVO is a great resource. But you might also consider calling the Federal Defender office in your area.

Credit card fraud topics