I am looking for a lawyer with experience in Free Speech and Anti- Slapp motions. I live in the south bay/Torrance CA area.

Asked over 1 year ago - Wilmington, CA

I am being sued the second time "sort of" from a business that I gave a truthful negative yelp review on. We first started in small claims where I sued for car damage his business caused and he sued me for defamation in response to my yelp review. Those cases are done. Now he is suing in the businesses name in superior court for the same thing.

I want a lawyer with experience in protecting my constitutional rights that were trampled on and one that will argue he is taking two bites out of the same apple so to speak. I have been chatting with CASP but they are in Northern CA. I prefer someone here that will get the case over with one big fat ANTI-SLAPP.

The avvo thing is COMPLETELY useless btw. I do not want a real estate attorney doing a freedom of speech case. Not all lawyers are well versed in Anti slapp and defamation. Just like not all doctors are well versed in all health conditions. Looks like I am stuck with google.

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

3

Answered . With respect to your "additional comments" I suggest to you that answers to your initial question on Avvo yielded some valuable information for you to consider and were responsive to your questions. The Q&A forum is not the place to find attorney representation but to answer general questions about the law.

Of course, you can assume that in most cases if an attorney answers your questions that attorney feels competent to represent you regarding the subject matter – but that is not the function of the Q&A forum and this question, soliciting attorneys, is improper. The "Find a Lawyer" function is the place to locate nearby attorneys.

If you do not have insurance that will pay for defense of this lawsuit, your limiting factor in obtaining competent counsel is going to be your ability to pay for your defense. Your initial question implied that you were looking for an attorney to provide defense for you on a contingency basis. If that is your criterion, I doubt you will find the expert legal help you desire. Good luck.

2. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . Call your state bar association or use the avvo 'find a lawyer' option. The avvo question and answer site is a poor substitute for a classifieds ad.

3. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

2

Answered . You should demur if it is the same facts and similar parties asserting collateral estoppel. Also most civil attorneys deal with anti-slapp claims on a regular basis.

4. Panda Lynn Kroll

1

Answered . This is a re-post of an earlier question.