I am looking for a lawyer who can review a contingency agreement.

New York, NY |

My lawyer is not abiding by his contingency agreement and I am also looking to hopefully replace him on a case in NY. Please respond with your e-mail to continue discussions

1. Contingency agreements are fairly standard, with slight variations. Your best bet would be to click on the link for the lawyers that respond here and find which one best suits your needs. I suggest you review several and select one or two that handles they type of case that you have. Each lawyers profile will allow you to email them directly.

New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas. The information provided herein is not, and is not intended to be, legal advice. The content herein is for information and educational purposes only, and is based on the limited information provided. Any information provided is not intended to, and does not, create any attorney/client relationship where none exists. For legal advice, please consult with an attorney. While this posting is made for informational purposes only for the AVVO community, to the extent one seeks to contact me based on the content herein, or that this may be viewed by some to be attorney advertising, please be advised of the following: *Attorney Advertising

2. What is your case about? Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Attorney Gennarelli has given you sound advice.

I would add only that you should at least arrange to sit down with your current lawyer in person and address all of your concerns. If your lawyer cannot answer your questions to your satisfaction then you should look elsewhere.

Good Luck

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for contacting an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction and obtaining legal advice from such an attorney.

4. You have the right to replace your lawyer if you are dissatisfied with his work. You may owe him a fee or a percentage of the fee for the work he has performed. Discuss the matter first with your current lawyer to see if you can resolve your differences. If that does not work, then reach out to other lawyers to discuss the possibility of one taking over the case. Contingency fee agreements are not usual, but more details are needed from the facts you posted. You may want to discuss them off line with an attorney.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.