I am looking for a lawyer who can review a contingency agreement.

Asked almost 2 years ago - New York, NY

My lawyer is not abiding by his contingency agreement and I am also looking to hopefully replace him on a case in NY. Please respond with your e-mail to continue discussions

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Gregory Scott Gennarelli


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contingency agreements are fairly standard, with slight variations. Your best bet would be to click on the link for the lawyers that respond here and find which one best suits your needs. I suggest you review several and select one or two that handles they type of case that you have. Each lawyers profile will allow you to email them directly.

    New York Plaintiff's Personal Injury Attorney Serving NYC, Long Island, Westchester and the surrounding areas.... more
  2. Michael Evan Greenspan

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Attorney Gennarelli has given you sound advice.

    I would add only that you should at least arrange to sit down with your current lawyer in person and address all of your concerns. If your lawyer cannot answer your questions to your satisfaction then you should look elsewhere.

    Good Luck

    Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship between us. The answer given is for... more
  3. Jayson Lutzky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You have the right to replace your lawyer if you are dissatisfied with his work. You may owe him a fee or a percentage of the fee for the work he has performed. Discuss the matter first with your current lawyer to see if you can resolve your differences. If that does not work, then reach out to other lawyers to discuss the possibility of one taking over the case. Contingency fee agreements are not usual, but more details are needed from the facts you posted. You may want to discuss them off line with an attorney.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more
  4. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What is your case about? Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more

Related Topics


A lien gives a creditor certain rights to a debtor's property in order to ensure payment of a debt. Liens can be either voluntary or involuntary.

Howard Robert Roitman

Medicare Liens

Federal law generally prohibits Medicare from paying for any item or service where payment can reasonably be expected from another "primary" source within 120 days.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,386 answers this week

2,550 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,386 answers this week

2,550 attorneys answering